Something is very wrong in America.
- United Kingdom: Has a public universal healthcare coverage system.
- Canada: Has a public/private universal healthcare coverage system.
- France: Has the number one public/private universal healthcare coverage system in the world.
- A ton of other countries: similar thing.
- USA: Does not have a public universal healthcare system. Spends more money on health than the UK, Canada or France do but still US citizens have a shorter life-expectancy, a higher bankruptcy rate and a much higher infant death rate. Shuts down its government while politicians fight over health insurance plans.
The Republican Party is bending its entire will, staking its very soul, fighting to its last breath, in service of a crusade to make sure that the working poor don’t have access to affordable health care. I just thought I’d mention that in plain language, since it seems to get lost in the fog fairly often. But that’s it. That’s what’s happening. They have been driven mad by the thought that rich people will see their taxes go up slightly in order to help non-rich people get decent access to medical care. Kevin Drum (via motherjones)
- 11,589 notes
Page 1 of 1